How GP Practices, Health Centres, Pharmacies, Hospitals & Specialist’s Rooms can get involved
Healthcare providers have a very important role to play when it comes to raising awareness of bowel cancer and educating the local community, as well as supporting bowel cancer patients and their loved ones.
- Order a box of Bowel Cancer Awareness Ribbons to sell and place it in your foyer, lunchroom or any other high traffic area.
- Host a Bowel Cancer Awareness Month or Red Apple Day fundraising red/green scrubs day, breakfast/lunch, morning/afternoon tea, gold coin donation, cooking competition or other fundraiser.
- Download some free promotional resources, including a Bowel Cancer Awareness Month Poster (healthcare).
- Display awareness posters and flyers by requesting a free Awareness Pack.
- Stock up on bowel cancer information booklets and resources by requesting free Patient Booklets/Packs.
- Include some bowel cancer awareness facts or a Bowel Cancer Awareness Month promotion in your newsletter, digital screens or on your website.
- Initiate the bowel cancer screening conversation with all of your patients/clients aged 50 and over, and encourage those of average risk to complete a bowel cancer screening test. (You may even like to do a proactive letter, email or phone call to your database!)
- Discuss the appropriate screening and surveillance with all your patients/clients that have a personal health history or family history that increases their risk of bowel cancer.
To find out more about how your healthcare facility can get involved in Bowel Cancer Awareness Month contact us on (02) 9923 8269 or use our Bowel Cancer Awareness Month Health Professional Online Enquiry form below.